Frequently asked questions …
What are the Requirements to bring a unit into Hillside?
- Ideally units should be no older than 10 years, we will consider units up to 15 years.
- send us current pictures, unit will be inspected upon arrival to ensure hillsides standards are met.
- We reserve the right to change our mind based on the condition of the trailer.
- You cannot bring your own unit into our 8 or 10 month or year round section.
Trailer , Mobile Home, Park Model. Whats the Difference?
- Can be towed behind your vehicle without any special permits or an escort.
- At Hillside, customers with trailers are eligible for our regular season only, (long weekend in May to Thanksgiving).
- At no given time are customers eligible to live in trailer outside of the regular season.
- are all-season shingled roof units, and they are the only type of unit that we allow in our permanent living section.
- Only Northlander Mobile Homes purchased through Hillside are eligible to be placed in our Mobile Home Section. Please note*
- Hillside does not allow anyone to live in a trailer in any of our sections for longer than the May to October season.
- has a shingled roof, 2×4 constructed units that are eligible to be put in the May to Oct seasonal section or the 8 and 10 month sections.
- 12′ or 14′ wide they come in 3 season (8 month area) and 4 season (10 month area)
- Only Northlander branded units purchased through Hillside are allowed on any 8 or 10 month site.
HOW LONG CAN MY TRAILER STAY AT HILLSIDE? ONCE IT REACHES 10-15 YEAR MARK WILL I HAVE TO LEAVE OR UPGRADE?
- All trailers can stay at Hillside for as long as you wish providing your account is in good standing and you keep your trailer and lot in a neat, tidy and clean state
Can I Sell My Unit at Anytime?
- Your unit can be sold at any time.
- you don’t have to list through our office, however many people enjoy the benefits associated of doing so.
- If you choose to sell, Hillside reserves the right to take back our site, Hillside has input each sale on a case by case basis.
For more information pertaining to 8 and 10 month seasons please click here.
Thank you for taking the time to read above, if we haven’t answered your question please contact us 🙂
Please note – Email sent on a weekend during Full Peak Season usually won’t be returned/answered until Monday or Tuesday of the following week. Instead feel free to call and we’d be happy to answer your questions over the phone!